Where did the word Superfood get its start?
In 1915 in Kingston, Jamaica, the word ‘superfood’ first appeared in the newspaper, The Daily Gleaner. Superfood was used to describe the grapes that produced a great Jamaican wine. It may have been used to describe the wine itself. The wine was considered a food/drink.
100 years later, what does it take to qualify to be a ‘Superfood’?
“Look up in the sky, it’s a curd, no it’s a grain, no it’s a superfood”.
The simplest definition of superfood is a food that is not a junk food or processed food. At cancerfreeliving.com, a superfood must lead the charge in building a person’s immune system up, which helps keep them cancer free.
Cancer lives in an inflammatory environment. Some superfoods are known to reduce inflammation.
Cancer starts out as a tumor. Some tumors are benign. All cancer tumors are genetically modified organisms (GMO). An out of control, immortal tumor, does not know how to die. However, some superfood can contribute to the death of the cancer cells, even the “immortal” ones.
In a private conversation with research scientist, Dr. Thomas Incledon, he noted that there could be over 2,000 different types of cancers. In other words, no one food, no one drug, no one size fits all for preventing or treating cancer. Superfood is capable of killing cancer cells so we are giving you options.
I have decided to research the absolute best superfoods available today. Eating right and taking care of your body is going to give you a stronger constitution.
What are the top 12 categories of superfoods:
- Herbs and spices should be everyone’s spice rack: We will discuss the top herbs and spices and explain why they are so good for you.
- Leafy greens are everywhere. They can be juiced, sliced, diced, served as a main dish or eaten as a snack.
- In the family of leafy greens is a special sub category call cold leaf or cruciferous Broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts are super strong anti-oxidants, they guard the DNA to prevent you from becoming a GMO.
- Nuts and seeds are filled with fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and key living minerals required for everyone to stand up and become a regular person.
- Mushrooms the fun-guy that keep on giving. Mushrooms are your good friend when you need your immune system.
- Hot drinks; consider hot/cold teas, mushroom tea, and coffee.
- Oranges, sweet potatoes, and summer squash: all have one thing in common, they are orange inside. Orange is a super powerful cancer fighter.
- Berries are ‘berry’ good tasting and good for you. Vitamins C, A and antioxidants, antifungal and, antiviral. There are too many good things about berries to cover them all, but we will try.
- Cactus and Aloe Vera: What? Yes, this is the latest and most powerful antioxidant fruit to date.
- Organic meat: Not all cows and chickens are fed and grown the same. Meat is the most nutrient dense food or protein source we can eat.
- Fish: The Omega3 fatty acids can be your best friend if you chose to poison your body to with chemotherapy
- .Vegetable oil: Raw, virgin, organic, unprocessed, unrefined pure oils. It can rebuild your digestive system and pump up your immune system.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of superfoods. There are other categories like goat’s milk, but we will stick with these for now.
In conclusion: Eat as many of these superfoods as you can. They reduce inflammation and could help kill cancer cells.